[Fedora-i18n-list] Test result (Can't communicate with IIIM server)

Lawrence Lim llim at redhat.com
Wed Feb 25 00:34:09 UTC 2004

Hi Kohei,
I was unable to reproduce your Test Result on my test machine which also
has en_US.UTF-8 as the main environment. Please have a look of my
screenshots.

Through past experience, the most common scenarios when the error
message "Can't communicate with IIIM Sever" occurs is as follows:
    1) locale not set up properly. type "echo $LANG" to check if the
LANG exported is correct.
    2) Missing LE. type "ls -l /usr/lib/im/leif" to check if CannaLE.so
is in the dir.

I hope this helps. Please keep us informed of your progress. :)

Cheers,
Lawrence