[Fedora-i18n-list] Japanese also almost working... Now fonts are toasted too

D M dmason at jersey.uoregon.edu
Fri Jul 2 15:25:50 UTC 2004

What I did exactly is install (rpm -Uvi) the package & restart X.  When I
logged in again I began having font problems.  English text was fine, but
anything Japanese in KDE apps was replaced by a blank square, when I tried
to use mozilla (1.6 English with the Japanese language pack installed) it
would work fine, but crashed when encountering anything Japanese (like
www.yahoo.co.jp).  I finally uninstalled the rpm's and re-installed
ttfonts-ja from the Fedora DVD.  Now things are back to normal...