[Fedora-i18n-list] Japanese also almost working... Now fonts are toasted too

D M dmason at jersey.uoregon.edu
Wed Jul 7 21:54:18 UTC 2004

Another scrap of information -- if within my kde session I fire up a gnome app
like gedit, hit ctrl-space, input works fine, and I can see what I enter in
the input box.  Same with mozilla...  If I log into a newly created account,
under gnome, the input method also works.  (and in fact within gmail I input
text within the main window, not in a subwindow, which is what kmail used to
do on my old laptop with RH 7.3 & kinput2...)  But-- if inside that same
gnome session I fire up a kde app like kedit, I have the same input problems
as with a kde app in my kde session: input box pops up, but with no visible
text.  So somehow kde apps are the problem for me, and even then mechanically
the input window appears to be working, just nothing is displayed...