[Fedora-i18n-list] Japanese also almost working... Now fonts are toasted too

Akira TAGOH tagoh at redhat.com
Thu Jul 8 01:30:11 UTC 2004

Hi,

DM> What's interesting is when I set the LC_CTYPE env. variable like above, then
DM> fire up kedit -- no input window appears when I hit ctrl-space, and I cannot
DM> enter any Japanese.  If I then unsetenv LC_CTYPE, it seems to work again, but
DM> I of course can't see whats in the input window.  As for ttfonts-ja I'm
DM> currently using ttfonts-ja-1.2-34

DM> Other env. variables that may be relevant:

DM> SUPPORTED=en_US.UTF-8:en_US:en:ja_JP.UTF-8:ja_JP:ja
DM> XIM=htt
DM> XMODIFIERS=@im=htt
DM> LANG=en_US.UTF-8

DM> /usr/sbin/htt is running under htt's uid, as is htt_server -nodaemon

DM> httx, htt_xbe are also running under my uid.

DM> Let me know if what else you might need to know...

I think you are running httx and the applications with
proper locale. but please make sure it with locale command
again. I noticed that this problem happens if httx and the
applications is running on ja_JP.eucJP locale. but I
couldn't reproduce this problem on the below locale.

$ locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="ja_JP.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"