[Fedora-i18n-list] Testing Simplified Chinese Input

Leon Ho llch at redhat.com
Fri Sep 3 08:02:29 UTC 2004

Hi Stephen,

Is it the similar problem you encountered with other language engines?
Please try again with the solutions we have discussed.

For your case of gedit, please try to use LANG=zh_CN.UTF-8 instead of
LANG=zh_CN.UTF

Easiest way to let the OS do the work of running the correct locale and
export the correct variable is to login as the language you want in gdm,
or modify your /etc/sysconfig/i18n or ~/.i18n and restart your X.

Let me know how it goes!

Cheers,
Leon