[Fedora-i18n-list] Testing Simplified Chinese Input

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 15:29:42 UTC 2004

Hi Leon,

> Easiest way to let the OS do the work of running the
> correct locale and
> export the correct variable is to login as the
> language you want in gdm,

Yes, you are correct.

I performed 2 tests to prove it, login as KDE, Trad
Chinese and Simplified Chinese respectively.  Input
Simplified Chinese was without problem, toggling
between English and Pinyin working with [Ctrl+Space]

OOo Writer also worked but I can't do anything on the
4 small parallel retangular boxes, not showing the
name of Input Method.

(Remark: on Trad Chinese, only 2 boxes)

> or modify your /etc/sysconfig/i18n or ~/.i18n and
> restart your X.

$ cat /etc/sysconfig/i18n
LANG="en_US.iso885915"
SUPPORTED="en_US.iso885915:en_US:en"
SYSFONT="lat0-sun16"
SYSFONTACM="iso15"

$ cat /home/satimis/.i18n
XIM=iiimf-le-xcin

What shall I modify?  Please advise.  TIA

B.R.
Stephen