[Fedora-i18n-list] Testing Simplified Chinese Input

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 11 01:01:18 UTC 2004

Hi Leon,

Tks for your advice.

<llch at redhat.com> wrote:
> > $ cat /etc/sysconfig/i18n
> > LANG="en_US.iso885915"
> > SUPPORTED="en_US.iso885915:en_US:en"
> > SYSFONT="lat0-sun16"
> > SYSFONTACM="iso15"
>
> If you want to use zh_TW.UTF-8 on system wide you
> should change
> LANG=zh_TW.UTF-8, if not, you can put
> LANG=zh_TW.UTF-8 into your ~/.i18n
>
> > $ cat /home/satimis/.i18n
> > XIM=iiimf-le-xcin
>
> It would be:
> XIM=htt

Whether I have to change both of the abovementioned.
In doing so, can Chinese Input start automatically on
login KDE/GNOME desktop selecting 'Language session'
as Traditional Chinese/Simplied Chinese

OR

How can I evoke Chinese Input automatically whenever
login KDE/GNOME (Language - Trad Chinese or Simplied
Chinese) instead of starting on terminal/terminals
each time.

TIA

B.R.
Stephen