[Fedora-i18n-list] How to install language locales?

मयंक जैन (Mayank Jain) mayank.gnu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 10:40:20 UTC 2006

Hi Tahir,

On 8/7/06, Tahir Abdul Rauf Butt <linux_kernel_worm at yahoo.com> wrote:
>                   I have installed Redhat 10...
Do you mean Fedora Core?

> Would you please tell me where to find these locales package, or how to
> install these locales.
[snip]
> but this command does not run in REDHAT , please tell me the right way so
> that my translated  ".mo" files could be active, and i could see urdu in
> menus.

When logging in, you can select language from there to see all your
translations appearing in Menu's.

Alternatively, after logging in (with any language), use this from
command line...
LANG=ur_PK.UTF-8 gedit

This will run _only_ gedit with ur_PK locale.

I hope that helps :)
--
http://makuchaku.info
When you speak out with the courage of your convictions, people listen!