[Fedora-i18n-list] Call for a Fedora I18n meeting

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Thu Jun 28 06:22:02 UTC 2007

Nicolas Mailhot さんは書きました:
> I'd like to attend,

Great!

> but probably only could in the evening (western
> european time).

OK, that is a bit hard from Asia/Pacific where
the Red Hat i18n team is located.  Let's see how
we can work out things as we move on.

We will post logs anyway so you want also followup
with comments by email of course. :)

> + extented (multimedia) key Fedora target (wait-and-see, active Fedora
> push, to evdev or not to evdev?)

Not quite sure how this relates to i18n.  Are you proposing
to use it for international input or something?

> + font policy/comps i18n group organisation -> some fonts bring
> support for scripts used by existing desktop locales, others for
> scripts associated to langages we don't have localisation for
> (tiffinagh, n'ko, inuktikut, tibetan?), others are purely decorative
> and no one will use them in real life by default, others are for
> historical scripts (dead languages, medieval variants, old greek,
> church scripts...). How all this stuff is supposed to be organised in
> comps? How will it appear in anaconda/yum guis?

Ok we can certainly talk about it at some point.
Going on we need to put more effort into maintaining comps for i18n.
I try to do what I can.

> + what to do when upstream is dormant or end-user unfriendly? Where
> and how should user feedback be directed? Do we need a Fedora-level
> i18n technical hub? Do we have the resources for it? (hunspell dicts,
> xkb maps, console maps, abandonware fonts, etc)

Ok.  Some of these may be case-by-case. Let's discuss when you can join.

Jens
--
Jens Petersen
Internationalization