Fwd: About foss.in

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 03:12:18 UTC 2007

> How about a hands on workshop on how to write own scripts (of iptables
> and selinux) with some reference to http/ftp etc?
> (I am not insane enough to ask if he is doing a workshop :))
>
> [...]
>
> Probably system-config-se* can be included here...
> And they may want to improve them a bit..thus giving back to Fedora. :)

Cool. A brief overview on the internals of SELinux and Iptables
followed by the areas in which Fedora's tools can be improved would be
good.

By the way James Morris has not put in something yet, so GO AHEAD!

>> That has the plus of allowing you to actually figure out a collaborative
>> forum of like minded folks who handle Fedora mirrors and the like.

A talk on setting up and maintaining one's own private or public
mirror would be good too.

> If you have any suggesions, and if you propose any change
> about this please let me know by tomorrow. If all goes well I shall
> propose this workshop on Monday.

I am a bit confused about the way they are approaching workshops for
the project days. http://foss.in/2007/info/Call_for_Participation
says: "Workshops count as Main Conference sessions and need formal
proposal and acceptance".

To avoid confusion is it feasible for you to submit your sessions as
"talks" for the Fedora Project Day?

Cheers,
Debarshi
--