[fedora-india] Is not fedora-qa same as review-o-matic (under plan)

Vivek Shah boni.vivek at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 06:55:08 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 12:14 PM, "Sankarshan (সঙ্কর্ষণ)"
<foss.mailinglists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Rakesh Pandit wrote:
>> I was searching for something similar and came across fedora-qa.
>> $subject
>>
>> http://gauret.free.fr/fichiers/rpms/fedora/fedora-qa
>
> Is this 'complete' and up-to-date with the recent guidelines ? Last
> modification seems to be: September 2005 by Aurelien Bompard for Fedora
> Extras

Will it not be a better idea to let the subtle nuances and guidelines
be taken care by rpmlint and then diagnose the readings of rpmlint
spewed out rather than writing out a battery of similar tests as
written in rpmlint ? Recently Lintian for Debian has been
experimenting with lintian by changing the Error/Warning/Info format
into a severity/certainty metric in order to ensure easier automation.
Probably that can also be looked into to ensure better design.

Thanks and Regards,
Vivek