[fedora-india] Sub: Please Extend Helping Hand to New Bee - Unable to install MT882 Modem for Dataone (BSNL) Braodband Connection

Manilal K M libregeek at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 05:41:09 UTC 2008

2008/10/26 Mani A <a.mani.cms at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 3:39 PM, Kamalendu Chakrabarty
> <kamalendug at gmail.com> wrote:
>> But the CD that came with the Modem, contains Driver Package meant for
>> Linux-RHL8. As a result I could not Install the Modem.
>
> You do not need any driver for that.
>
> Remove the USB connection and simply connect it to your ethernet card.
>
> Make a DSL connection using your account details from system-config-network
>
> (or from the corresponding GUI menu item)
>

> Best
>
> A. Mani
>

> --
> A. Mani
> Member, Cal. Math. Soc

AFAIK, the DSL account details are managed from the Modem itself and
we just have to plug the modem to the ethernet card and configure the
network to use DHCP. If you are unable to connect to ethernet card,
then another option is to use the wvdial utility. But I haven't tested
it.

--
Manilal K M : മണിലാല്‍ കെ എം.
http://libregeek.blogspot.com