[Fedora-infrastructure-list] LDAP Schema Proposal

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 9 15:32:10 UTC 2006

On 8/9/06, Aurelien Bompard <gauret at free.fr> wrote:
> Hey admins,
>
> I've been thinking about a possible LDAP schema for the new Account System,
> I've discussed it with Lyz and we agree it should be able to do the job.
> I'd like to discuss it with you now.
>
> Here's a description of this new schema :
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem2/Schema#head-5061a68a5fd14fa1666b4170abf6f96d850eaea4
>
> I have not described the additions to the inetOrgPerson yet, because they
> are minor. I'd like to validate the groups system with you first.
>
> Opinions ?
>
> Aurélien

This looks good.  One thing that was brought up at the last meeting is
to find some sort of good ldap guide for programmers.  I've been
looking for one but have as of yet come up with exactly what I'm
looking for.  I think it might ease some anxiety we're having about
using LDAP.

Also, under the allowed attributes, are we allowed to have multiples
of these attributes?  For example, could I have multiple pgp keys,
managers, and employee types?  I was thinking some of those could be
used to set up dynamic groups during implementation.