Builders

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Fri Oct 27 18:35:34 UTC 2006

On Friday 27 October 2006 09:02, Mike McGrath wrote:
> On 10/27/06, Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us> wrote:

> > so what id like to do as far as the xen guest goes.  and we should
> > probably do this with all production xen guests.  is create a snapshot of
> > the lvm volume once the system is up and running and ready.   so if  the
> > chroot explodes again we put the snapshot in place  start the instance
> > and things are back in a matter of minutes.  we would have a
> > pre-configured system ready to roll.
> >
> > thoughts? opinions? objections?
>
> I'm kind of in the boat that we should just use large files and skip
> the partition all together, that way its an scp or a cp away from
> having another guest.
>
>           -Mike
That works also.   one issue we would face is storing the xen guest images.
that will get big fast.  But i do really like the idea.  we could do
something to help us manage bottlenecks also.  bring up an app server image
when needed and some quick configuration we have a new app server. or proxy
or any of our other services.

--
Dennis Gilmore, RHCE
Proud Australian