Builders

Jeffrey Tadlock linux at elfshadow.net
Fri Oct 27 19:07:19 UTC 2006

Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> On Friday 27 October 2006 09:02, Mike McGrath wrote:
>> I'm kind of in the boat that we should just use large files and skip
>> the partition all together, that way its an scp or a cp away from
>> having another guest.
>>
> That works also.   one issue we would face is storing the xen guest images.
> that will get big fast.  But i do really like the idea.  we could do
> something to help us manage bottlenecks also.  bring up an app server image
> when needed and some quick configuration we have a new app server. or proxy
> or any of our other services.

One of the downsides of file based images is I/O performance, right?
Won't that have an adverse effect on the builders versus LVM?

I do like the idea of using more Xen Guests for some of the flexibility
it could give us.  Figuring out how to make it work well for our
infrastructure is most likely worth the time.

--Jeffrey