New accounts LDAP server running

Elliot Lee sopwith at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 15:45:49 UTC 2007

On Jan 4, 2007, at 10:03 PM, TomLy wrote:

> test5.fedora.phx.redhat.com has an instance of FDS running on it with
> the current schemas and sample data that I've been working with.
> For a
> primer on the schema, please see
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem2/
> Schema .Pretty screenshot attached.
>
> I need to figure out the group situation still and hope to solidify
> the
> schema so that development against it may commence.  I have already
> tested and verified apache authentication against it using
> mod_authnz_ldap.

Just noticed that the project_group.prerequisite_id field is not
carried over to the new schema, and the page didn't sound like there
was a general understanding of why the field is there.

It's there to allow you to specify that anyone who joins a group must
be in another group first. Most of the time it is used to enforce CLA
compliance for a particular group, by setting cla_done as a
prerequisite for any groups that give access that needs the CLA (e.g.
all the cvs* groups).

AFAIK, enforcing CLA compliance is a must for the future, and if
we're going to implement a solution for that, it might as well be
generic (instead of just a 'needs_cla' field in the DB, for example).

Best,
-- Elliot