Tasks and followup

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 20:33:32 UTC 2008

Apologies for this being an idea with no code attached.  I'm hoping that
some of the able folks are on this list and will see something
achievable.

Something the Community Architecture folks and I have discovered is that
when we sign up new folks for an account, there's not any way to mark
them for follow up or to indicate a note for where they did it.  A
couple methods for doing this come to mind:

1.  Simple but effective -- a way to tag account holders arbitrarily.
This might help with a number of things, like skill sets, karma, and so
forth.  In this case, the tag would allow Ambassadors to follow up on
particular shows by listing everyone with "FooCon 2008" in their tag
list.

2.  More complicated but possibly more predictable -- A plugin for FAS
that would allow ambassadors to request or create a special signup
portal, and use it at a show to help visitors sign up (e.g.
join.fp.o/foocon2008 or foocon2008.join.fp.o).

--
Paul W. Frields