Tasks and followup

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Tue Aug 12 20:52:39 UTC 2008

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> Apologies for this being an idea with no code attached.  I'm hoping that
> some of the able folks are on this list and will see something
> achievable.
>
> Something the Community Architecture folks and I have discovered is that
> when we sign up new folks for an account, there's not any way to mark
> them for follow up or to indicate a note for where they did it.  A
> couple methods for doing this come to mind:
>
> 1.  Simple but effective -- a way to tag account holders arbitrarily.
> This might help with a number of things, like skill sets, karma, and so
> forth.  In this case, the tag would allow Ambassadors to follow up on
> particular shows by listing everyone with "FooCon 2008" in their tag
> list.
>
> 2.  More complicated but possibly more predictable -- A plugin for FAS
> that would allow ambassadors to request or create a special signup
> portal, and use it at a show to help visitors sign up (e.g.
> join.fp.o/foocon2008 or foocon2008.join.fp.o).

I'd say 2 is pretty easy in a plugin.

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/promo/sign-up/MyPromo

where MyPromo could just be arbitrary.  It'd get flagged somewhere that we
could get it later.

The point of this is so users can sign up with some sort of flag on how
they found out about Fedora, and then run stats on it later?