xen7 networking issue?

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Mon Mar 31 22:27:14 UTC 2008

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> Someone just reported that the wiki was down and I thought xen7 might have
> crashed again.  when I tried to ssh to it my connection timed out.  ping xen7
> was fine.  I serial consoled in and then immediately tried to ssh to xen7
> again.  it worked.  uptime showed that xen7 has been up since this morning and
> the app servers are all running, etc.  There are no iscsi errors in
> /var/log/messages.
>
> Is there a possibility that we're experiencing some sort of networking issue
> with xen7?  Maybe that issue is exacerbating the iscsi bug that causes our xen
> hosts to crash?

you can ssh to (for example) fas1 then ssh to xen7.  I discovered that just
before I left on Friday.  This leads me to believe that something else on
our network is using that IP.  We'll have to look at the arp tables and
see whats going on.

The good news is this shouldn't affect the xen guests though, in theory,
it is affecting the iscsi connection on xen7.  xen1 and xen2 are the only
hosts we've seen actually rebooting though xen7 is new.