Call For Testers - Elections Application

Aioanei Rares schaiba at gmail.com
Thu May 29 15:44:36 UTC 2008

Nigel Jones wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> With Fedora 9 out the door we hit a very busy time for elections, the
> previous system was, well lets just say, not optimal.
>
> So I accepted the goal of creating an application by our post-release
> election season that would integrate well with FAS and would allow a
> different method of voting, Range Voting.
>
> If your not familiar with Range Voting check out
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Range_voting the essentials however is
> that you rank candidates from 0<-># of candidates, if you don't like
> them, just rank them 0.
>
> In the future, the application will not only allow the Board and
> Steering Committees to hold elections, it will (hopefully) become
> available to SIGs and Steering Committees for any time of poll/call to
> vote.
>
> This is where you all come in, it's impossible for a small group of
> people to find every possible mistake or bug in ANY item of software,
> so the more people we can get in to test it and report
> bugs/issues/thoughts the better!
>
> All I ask is 10-20 minutes of your time, whenever your free over the
> couple of days to test and provide feedback.
>
> Instructions:
> 1) You'll need an account on the test instance of FAS at
> http://publictest10.fedoraproject.org/accounts/ (PLEASE) do not use
> your normal password and you don't need to do CLA etc (I've removed
> that requirement in the elections app for now).
> 2) Please direct your browser to
> https://publictest10.fedoraproject.org/elections/ and test away!
> 3) Try voting etc, make sure that you *can* view the results at
> https://publictest10.fedoraproject.org/elections/results/fedora but
> can't view the results at
> https://publictest10.fedoraproject.org/elections/results/president
>
> Notes:
> * I'm aware the UI is absolutely awful, there is already a ticket open
> for this (https://fedorahosted.org/elections/ticket/4) please feel
> free to add items there.
> * Any errors you encounter that are 'unexpected' to you, please file a
> ticket at https://fedorahosted.org/elections/newticket setting
> Milestone to 'Release 0.1.0' with full reproduction steps, and the
> time it occurred (TZ=UTC date)
> * Any other feedback can be directed to the elections-devel list
> (elections-devel at lists.fedorahosted.org)
>
> After 5am UTC on the 1st June both elections will end and the
> 'results' should be public and hopefully we'll have a decent election
> app!
>
> Thanks a lot & Happy Testing,
>
> Nigel Jones
>
> p.s. Sorry to those that fall asleep during my e-mail - I nearly did too!
> p.s.s. Thanks must be given to Toshio, Ricky, Luca and Mike who have
> all assisted in this release

Secure Connection Failed

publictest10.fedoraproject.org uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because it is self signed.

(Error code: sec_error_untrusted_issuer)

    * This could be a problem with the server's configuration, or it
could be someone trying to impersonate the server.

    * If you have connected to this server successfully in the past, the
error may be temporary, and you can try again later.

This is what i get....