I want to change a TRAC's workflow.

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 18:21:10 UTC 2009

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 11:01 AM, susmit shannigrahi
<thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. Does all the trac use same trac.ini? I can find only one trac.ini by $locate

No, there are some global settings, but most stuff is in
/srv/web/trac/<project>/conf/trac.ini

> If not, where is the particular trac.ini file stored? And do I have
> access to it or should I file a ticket?

Anyone in sysadmin-hosted has access to change this for you (the files
are owned by apache so that the web admin plugin can make changes to
them.  I looked in the web interface and I don't see a way to change
this particular thing though....)

However, looking at the trac documentation, customizable workflows
were introduced in 0.11.  We''re currently running Trac 0.10.   So
this may not even be possible with what we currently have.There's
currently a request to upgrade to 0.11, but that's a fairly
non-trivial task for an installation of 250+ projects :)