Introduction

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Mon Apr 13 21:37:06 UTC 2009

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009, Mayuresh Kulkarni wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I have been a fedora user for a couple of months now and I would like
> to thank you all for this wonderful distro!  About me - I am a
> programmer, working mostly in the systems programming domain. I am
> quite comfortable with C/C++ but not so much with Python or with bash
> scripting. I would like to help out with something where I can pick up
> one of these two.  I have done projects with Python, (mostly to avoid
> Perl ;) ) , but am far from being a native.
>
> I unfortunately will not be able to attend the meetings on Thursday
> but I will hang out in IRC to try to get a feel for the current
> action.
>
> Looking forward to meeting you all :)
> Mayuresh.

Hello Mayuresh, if you're good with C/C++ you might want to look at
joining the bugzappers group.  While we work on the servers to support the
OS, they actually improve Fedora by finding and submitting patches, your
skill set could do well there.  If you still want to do infrastructure
hanging out in #fedora-admin is the best place to start... and if you have
time for it you can do both bugzappers and infrastructure ;)