Please tag kernel-xen-2.6-2.6.25-0.22.rc9.fc9

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Tue Apr 15 14:55:54 UTC 2008

> Jesse Keating (jkeating at redhat.com) said:
> > > Please tag kernel-xen-2.6-2.6.25-0.22.rc9.fc9
> >
> > +1
>
> Tagged. Are we going to be able to get to a point where this
> is built as a 'normal' subpackage of the kernel?

Yes. That's very, very much the goal.

To that end, the kernel-xen RPM is as close as possible to kernel/devel
e.g. see:

  http://git.et.redhat.com/?p=kernel-xen-rpm.git;a=shortlog

But right now, the x86_64 patch set is still probably a bit too large to
carry in kernel/devel. If we get that cleaned up more, though, then I
think we could merge it back early on in F-10. And, obviously, we're
very focused on pushing stuff upstream too.

The trade-off is between the pain of having a separate kernel-xen RPM
and the pain of having to continually re-base a huge patch.

Cheers,
Mark.