RAID 5 ISSUE

admin at fi.uba.ar admin at fi.uba.ar
Thu Apr 17 21:42:24 UTC 2008

Hi,

We're trying to install a fedora 8 (x86_64) on a AMD X2 4200, mother
Gigabit GA-M57SLI-S4.  We make a raid 5(with chipset nforce 570) with 3
western digital (80gb)SATA2.  The problem is that anaconda does not detect
the raid, and show 3 hard disks instead of the raid array.
So far we guess this problem has something to do with the dmraid45.ko
module, but we try (with no success) to load the module during the
installation.
At this point we don't know where to look, so any suggestion will help.

Thanks a lot!

Network Administration, FIUBA