Procedure to make a patch

Oliveiros Cristina oliveiros.cristina at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 22:30:07 UTC 2008

Dear List,

I would like to ask you
what is the procedure I should follow to prepare a patch
suitable to be added to the fedora build process.

What are the options I should give to diff command, exactly?

I've tried to do two copies of the kernel tree (kernel.orig and kernel.new),
change the new one and then
generate a patch using

diff -uNrp

The procedure I've used is essentially what is described here
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/CustomKernel

But, when the build process reaches my patch it stops and asks me "File to
patch:"

Can anyone gimme a pointer where I can find the complete info on this
procedure, or help me figure out where I went sideways on this..?

Thanks in advance for your kind help

Best,
Oliveiros

--
"An equation for me has no meaning, unless it represents a thought of God."
- Srinivasa Ramanujan Iyengar