PATCH: usb-storage-psc1350-v4.patch (was Linux scsi / usb-mass-storage and HP printer cardreader bug + fix)

Guillaume Bedot littletux at zarb.org
Mon Jan 14 09:40:45 UTC 2008

Hello,

On ven, 2008-01-11 at 21:14 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Boaz Harrosh wrote:
> > Yes, you're right. in ULDs it is a much proper way to do this.
> >
> > So I guess you'll have to do that special host flag or device
> > flag, and add a check for it in sd.c. You'll see that sd.c is
> > already doing bufflen truncation at sd_prep_fn(), just add one
> > more case.
> >

> Done, thanks for the hint. Patch implementing my fix this way attached, please
> apply.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Hans

I have tested this time with two PSC 1610 printers, and two SD cards,
the same bug occured without the patch.
And is fixed with your new patch. Good work !

The bug however did not occur with a microSD card in a SD adaptator ?!

But it fixes only two models.
Do you think other devices (hp or not) can be impacted ?
There are hundreds of models with card readers only for hp :
http://hplip.sourceforge.net/supported_devices/combined.html

Will this be possible to use "LAST_SECTOR_BUG" quirk for testing without
recompiling a kernel ?

Best regards,

Guillaume B.