PATCH: usb-storage-psc1350-v4.patch (was Linux scsi / usb-mass-storage and HP printer cardreader bug + fix)

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Mon Jan 14 09:46:56 UTC 2008

Guillaume Bedot wrote:
> I have tested this time with two PSC 1610 printers, and two SD cards,
> the same bug occured without the patch.
> And is fixed with your new patch. Good work !

Hi,

Thanks for testing!

> But it fixes only two models.
> Do you think other devices (hp or not) can be impacted ?
> There are hundreds of models with card readers only for hp :
> http://hplip.sourceforge.net/supported_devices/combined.html
>
> Will this be possible to use "LAST_SECTOR_BUG" quirk for testing without
> recompiling a kernel ?

This is not possible AFAIK, I've already wrote a blog post about this asking
for people to test this, but got no responses.

I think it would be good if the people from the hplip project would take some
time to test all the printer models they have got access too.

Regards,

Hans