PATCH: usb-storage-psc1350-v4.patch (was Linux scsi / usb-mass-storage and HP printer cardreader bug + fix)

Matthew Dharm mdharm-scsi at one-eyed-alien.net
Mon Jan 14 16:03:10 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 10:46:56AM +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Guillaume Bedot wrote:
> >But it fixes only two models.
> >Do you think other devices (hp or not) can be impacted ?
> >There are hundreds of models with card readers only for hp :
> >http://hplip.sourceforge.net/supported_devices/combined.html
> >
> >Will this be possible to use "LAST_SECTOR_BUG" quirk for testing without
> >recompiling a kernel ?
> >

> This is not possible AFAIK, I've already wrote a blog post about this
> asking for people to test this, but got no responses.

Once the patches are accepted by the SCSI people, one of the things we can
consider doing is enabling this quirk for all USB devices.  It should be
pretty harmless to all properly working devices, and the performance hit
should be pretty minimal.

We may be able to convince the SCSI people to enable it for all devices,
regardless of HCD.

Matt

Matthew Dharm                              Home: mdharm-usb at one-eyed-alien.net

What the hell are you?