revisit: turning some of the "always used" modules to built-in

Roland McGrath roland at redhat.com
Fri Jun 27 22:00:08 UTC 2008

> very simply put:
>
> it's between getting this level of information:
>
> http://www.kerneloops.org/raw.php?rawid=32356
>
> with pointing at the exact code, and only getting this
>
> http://www.kerneloops.org/raw.php?rawid=32287

Thanks.  I'd like to help improve the tools so that we can close this gap
in the future.  (I'm really just concerned with making some tools better.
I am not saying anything about the desireability of building in modules.)
I think one of my back-burner items would cover this.  Maybe we can kibitz
offline about the details.  In brief poking I didn't find the code you use
to generate the web reports.

Thanks,
Roland