utrace is back

Roland McGrath roland at redhat.com
Wed Mar 19 20:40:29 UTC 2008

I've put the 2.6.25 rebase of utrace back in and kicked off a build.
I'll pick up the pieces if it comes out all broken.
(It already did, cause I forgot to test the ppc32 build upstream.)

For the moment it's applied as one big patch instead of a series.
I haven't figured out the arrangement for the new series yet.

There is some amount of mayhem going on and this rebase was kind of hack
and slash.  But there's more churn than real change.  About a third of the
work is upstream now.  All of the "quick and dirty" I've put together this
week is actually either what's already upstream or nearly identical to
what's been in F8 et al for a long time.  So despite the late date and
general disorganization of it all, this won't be as destabilizing as it sounds.

Thanks,
Roland