USB problems in FC6

Jacob Kroon jacob.kroon at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 02:08:21 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm having problems in FC6 with devices connected via USB on my
Siemens Amilo laptop. If I plug in something, dmesg tells me:

usb 4-3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
ehci_hcd 0000:00:10.3: Unlink after no-IRQ?  Controller is probably
using the wrong IRQ.
usb 4-3: device not accepting address 2, error -110
usb 4-3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 3
usb 4-3: device not accepting address 3, error -110

Now if I reboot and pass "noacpi" as kernel argument, USB will
work, but then the wifi ethernet card stops working, so I can't have
both working at the same time.

Using kernel-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6 with default kernel arguments wifi works,
but USB wont work. Using kernel-2.6.18-1.2849.fc6 it's the other way
around.

Could anyone help me pinpointing this down?

Regards
Jacob Kroon