USB problems in FC6

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Sat Dec 9 03:01:35 UTC 2006

On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 03:08:21 +0100, Jacob Kroon <jacob.kroon at gmail.com> wrote:

> usb 4-3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
> ehci_hcd 0000:00:10.3: Unlink after no-IRQ?  Controller is probably using the wrong IRQ.
> usb 4-3: device not accepting address 2, error -110

It seems like a very clear case of IRQ routing being busted.

> Using kernel-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6 with default kernel arguments wifi works,
> but USB wont work. Using kernel-2.6.18-1.2849.fc6 it's the other way
> around.

Outstanding on narrowing down the releases. Now "all you need" is to
prep the two source trees and find the offending change... which might
not be very easy, unfortunately, beacuse the old .src.rpm are not
kept anywhere that I know...

Why don't you file a bug and list those two kernel versions.
Someone with the access to CVS should be able to do two checkouts
and find differences. In fact, I may be able to look once a have
an hour or so.

-- Pete