Problem with keyboard while typing some characters.

Shridhar Sahukar ssahukar at openclovis.com
Wed Aug 15 16:45:13 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have installed FC6 on my Compaq nx6110 laptop. I was earlier using
RHEL4 and there was no issue at all.
With FC6 I am facing some issue with my keyboard when I type characters
like " (double quote), ' (single quote), ~ (tilde), ` (back quote) etc.
These characters wont appear as soon as I type then. But if I press
<space key> following these characters, then they appear.
I had enabled some regional languages during installation, which had
installed some package called "SCIM". I suspected the problem with the
package and uninstalled it, but it didnt help.

Has anyone come across the same problem? Is there any known issue?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Shridhar