Problem with keyboard while typing some characters.

Adalbert Prokop adalbert.prokop at gmx.de
Wed Aug 15 17:24:53 UTC 2007

Shridhar Sahukar schrieb am Mittwoch, 15. August 2007:

> With FC6 I am facing some issue with my keyboard when I type characters
> like " (double quote), ' (single quote), ~ (tilde), ` (back quote) etc.
> These characters wont appear as soon as I type then. But if I press
> <space key> following these characters, then they appear.

Sounds like "dead keys" are active. With "dead keys" you are able to type
characters like ñ or é.

Where do you have this problems? KDE? Gnome? Or on the console? Both KDE
and Gnome have their own keyboard managers which are responsible for the
layouts. If you expect those troubles on the console, use
system-config-keyboard to change the keyboard layout and deactivate the
dead keys.

--
Bye,
Adalbert