iwl3945 - any hints with F7?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Aug 25 21:00:04 UTC 2007

Mike C wrote:
> I have been running ipw3945 in FC6 on a Samsung Q35 for some time and would like
> to install F7 but am nervous about doing this unless I know that iwl3945 works
> reliably in F7.
>
> I would like to be able to simply have a
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0 file setup, make sure the firmware is
> there and then boot so that the iwl3945 is then as simple as ipw2200 in another
> laptop with F7.
>
> Does anyone have iwl3945 working well and consistently with F7?
>
> If so a few success stories would inspire my confidence in doing the F7 install
> on this machine (I run F7 on every other machine I am looking after none of
> which use the 3945 card!)

I use it for a few months on my Dell D420 Fedora 7 box which uses this
driver and firmware. Works out of the box with no problems. However I
have heard some reports of this not working reliably for others.

You have the alternative of using the older driver with a proprietary
daemon. You would have to get it from another repository however.

Rahul