Frustrated

draykko at verizon.net draykko at verizon.net
Wed Jan 10 02:10:00 UTC 2007

I'm trying to D/L and install Fedora 6 to my laptop, but after I burn the image to a CD and put the CD in my drive, the system doesn't boot off the CD. I've already checked that the BIOS is set to boot from the CD. I have a feeling that the way I burned the image was incorrect, so what I need to know is:

How do I burn the image files so that the computer will boot, off the CD?

I have checked all over the RedHat site for instructions on how do to this, and I've even consulted my RedHat Fedora Core 2 Bible (yes I've still got Fedora Core 2 on my Laptop).

Please note that I'm quite spoiled, and coming froma Windows background I expect STEP-BY-STEP instructions on how to do this, since unlike Windoze, Linux is VERY complex in how we install programs.

Any help you can offer would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

DRAYKKO---

That which does not kill me makes me stronger...