FC 6 and PCMCIA support

Thomas Dodd ted at cypress.com
Wed Jun 13 19:12:00 UTC 2007

So, maybe someone here can help.
I tried to install FC6 on a laptop and it couldn't find the network card
because there was no PCMCIA socket found.
I think it's a Yenta sockt, but not sure.

I installed FC on my desktop, and it doesn't see my PCMCIA socket.

This used an intel driver in older OS releases. It's and Action tec, ISA
card, that is configured with Plug-N-Play.

This is from my old isapnp.conf file:

# Card 1: (serial identifier 77 01 23 45 67 18 02 a9 04)
# Vendor Id AEI0218, Serial Number 19088743, checksum 0x77.
# Version 1.0, Vendor version 0.0
# ANSI string -->ACTIONTEC PNP PCMCIA ADAPTER <--
#
# Logical device id AEI0218
#
# Edit the entries below to uncomment out the configuration required.
# Note that only the first value of any range is given, this may be
changed if required
# Don't forget to uncomment the activate (ACT Y) when happy

(CONFIGURE AEI0218/19088743 (LD 0
#     Logical device decodes 16 bit IO address lines
#         Minimum IO base address 0x03e0
#         Maximum IO base address 0x03fe
#         IO base alignment 2 bytes
#         Number of IO addresses required: 2
#             0x03e0..0x03e1
#             0x03e2..0x03e3
#             0x03e4..0x03e5
#             0x03e6..0x03e7
#             0x03e8..0x03e9
#             0x03ea..0x03eb
#             0x03ec..0x03ed
#             0x03ee..0x03ef
#             0x03f0..0x03f1
#             0x03f2..0x03f3
#             0x03f4..0x03f5
#             0x03f6..0x03f7
#             0x03f8..0x03f9
#             0x03fa..0x03fb
#             0x03fc..0x03fd
#             0x03fe..0x03ff
  (IO 0 (SIZE 2) (BASE 0x03e0))
  (NAME "AEI0218/19088743[0]{ACTIONTEC PNP PCMCIA ADAPTER }")
  (ACT Y)

I've tried building a different kernel on that machine, turning on the
other PCMCIA drives, but that kernel won't boot correctly. Any one know
where I can:
1) get the missing modules or a whole kerenl built with the correct support?

2) how to get it to work on the laptop which seams to need a different
driver too.

-Thomas