(no subject)

Wise, Jeremey jwise at arrow.com
Mon Jun 18 15:04:43 UTC 2007

"Fedora 7 and Centos 5 : Computer is started, but, at the end of starting, i have black Screen"

Seeing as your using laptop I would immediately look to this not as a driver issue but as a "screen selection" issue

Typically there is a "Fn" key which switches your display output . Check this to ensure it is not changing to 'external only'

As for VESA not working right, that is odd.

Can you supply a bit more details on your hardware?

Hardware

X version

Distribution / version

/etc/X11/xorg.conf

I had a issue once on an old IBM T41 where the screen would "split" and repeat the last few inches at the bottom. It was a graphics driver bug and it was fixed in a patch for that crappy chipset from ATI.

Jeremey Wise
Senior Consultant
Arrow Enterprise Computing Solutions
RHCE,MCSE,CNE,PSE,TSM
JWise at Arrow.com <BLOCKED::mailto:JWise at Arrow.com>