f9 on the Asus EEE PC (resume and additional keys)

Fabrice Bellet fabrice at bellet.info
Mon Apr 21 10:20:34 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 11:44:40PM +0200, Sven Lankes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed Fedora 9 rc on an Asus EEE 701. This has been quite
> successful. A lot of things work out of the box or with minimal
> tweaking.
>
> There are two things that don't work for me and where I am out of
> knowledge and/or google juice to fix them. Maybe someone has an idea or
> a pointer for me there.
>
> The first issue I have is the resume:
>
> The machine suspends fine but doesn't resume successfully. The screen
> stays black on resume. It seems that it is still doing something as
> pushing the power button after a failed resume suspends the machine
> again (suspends as in the power led starts blinking again).

You should try to rewrite a value in /proc/acpi/asus/brn _after_ wakeup.  That
should reset LCD brightness to a sane value. The part of my acpi script (based
on eeedora), that works for me with "lid" events looks like that :

if [ "${acpi}" == "lid" ]; then
 wifi_off
 su username -c "DISPLAY=:0 gnome-screensaver-command --lock"
 pm-suspend --quirk-dpms-on --quirk-s3-bios
 sleep 10
 su username -c "DISPLAY=:0 gnome-screensaver-command --poke"
 wifi_on
 brn=`</proc/acpi/asus/brn`
 echo $brn > /proc/acpi/asus/brn
 note='resume'