Cannot use wireless on HP Pavilion dv6350eu using Fedora 8 (DVD)

Kjel Delaey kjel_delaey at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 24 10:48:20 UTC 2008

When I am trying to activate my wireless connection using Network Configuration, I get the following error:

Cannot activate network device wlan0!

Determining IP information for wlan0...SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such file or directory
SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such file or directory
failed.

A few weeks ago I tried to use Ndiswrapper and XP drivers, without success.

Information about my HP Pavilion dv6350eu (wlan):

- 802.11b/g WLAN
- Hardware Description: Broadcom Corporation BCM94311MCG wlan mini-PCI, Type: Wireless, Device: wlan0
- Hardware Description: b43, Type: Wireless, Device: wlan0

Does someone know a working solution?

Thanks in advance,

Kjel