Fedora 8 install failure

Anders Hartman andha at melerit.se
Wed Feb 27 15:45:06 UTC 2008

Jeroen van Meeuwen skrev:
> Anders Hartman wrote:
>> I have now tried the following with Fedora 8 Unity 20080204 respin:
>>
>> Install with graphical UI.
>> Install with text UI.
>> Install with text UI using kernel modifiers (noprobe, headless,
>> noapic, acpi=off) one at the time.
>> Use boot.img from the DVD to do a text install over the network.
>>
>> I'm getting a stack dump all the time.
>>

> At what point do you get the stack trace?
>
>> The kernel seems to be alive though. Alt-F2,Alt-F3 and Alt-F4 still
>> works. I can't see any trace of
>> what went wrong in anacron.log or syslog.
>>

> Does dmesg show anything?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jeroen van Meeuwen
> -kanarip

I get the stack dump a few seconds after the disk check requester goes away.
I can't find any traces of a dmesg-file, only anaconda.log and syslog,
both located
in the /tmp directory. The anaconda log ends after SElinux has loaded a
default policy.
anaconda ignores some unknown devices like finger print sensor and
(interstingly)
the NVIDIA Quadro NVS 320M graphics card. Since I run in text mode this
should
be allright.

Syslog shows no errors except for a missing floppy drive (don't have one).

/Anders