F9: still problem with dual head T42

Sean Madden spmadden at gmail.com
Wed May 14 03:45:29 UTC 2008

If you run 'xrandr', does it show that the VGA Monitor is connected?

If so, try 'xrandr --output VGA --auto' for a mirror or 'xrandr --output
VGA --left-of LVDS' for a dual-screen.  Substitute '--right-of' to move
the monitor to the other side.

I have a Lenovo 3000 y410 using the Intel drivers, but the commands work
the same, and currently have a dual-screen setup using this method.

-Sean