F9: still problem with dual head T42

gene geneh at shaw.ca
Wed May 14 12:38:02 UTC 2008

Yes, xrandr appears to see my monitor.  I get something like:

VGA-0 connected 1024x768+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
340mm x 250mm
1920x1200  60.0
1920x1080  59.9
1600x1200  70.0  65.0  60.0
LVDS connected....

The monitor appears mirrored after reboot.  However, when I enter the
'xrandr -right-of' my gnome session hangs completely.  The mouse still
moves but none of the windows or controls respond.

I'm using the standard drivers here.  Perhaps I need different drivers?