Anyone else have a T42 /w Fedora?

Kai-Thorsten Hambrecht lists at hambrecht.org
Tue May 20 12:42:47 UTC 2008

> out there has a T42 with Fedora?  Someone suggested trying to use 'xrandr'
> to get dual head to work but all that did for me was hang Gnome.

i have a T42p and an external display connected via DVI on the
Thinkpad's docking station. When X starts, both displays show the same
content (mirrored display). So i first have to switch off one of them
and then switch on again for real dual head display:

xrandr --output DVI-0 --off

xrandr --output DVI-0 --mode 1600x1200 --left-of LVDS

I also have to add "Virtual 3200 1200" in SubSection "Display" of
Section "Screen" in xorg.conf to get an 1600x1200+1600x1200 resolution.
Video card driver is "radeon"

Best regards,
  Kai.