Novell/progeny to take up redhat legacy services

Vincent pros-n-cons at bak.rr.com
Wed Dec 3 16:44:38 UTC 2003

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/newss/5137/1/

Novell/progeny will be offering pay-for support on the RHL 7.2 and 7.3 line for
$5 per machine, per month or $2,500 for unlimited machines. Instead of re-inventing
the wheel It's my opinion that the contributers of this list concentrate on _only_
fedora-legacy and not the RH 8.0 and 9.0 line. The users in this category are
generally faster moving then the 7.2-7.3 folks who don't want to touch their servers.
This would result an 'in between' user base which is apparently what the fedora-legacy
project was created to accomplish. It would also benefit Redhat as to move them to the
'testing' line and not leave users in the RHL line which does the Company little good.

I apologize if this has been discussed in depth, I'm new to the list and tried to read
as much of the archives as I could before starting a thread.