7.x update service

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Tue Dec 16 04:46:56 UTC 2003

> How can Fedora Legacy and Progeny work together on this? The last thing
> we want is quips in 2 months of one group stealing SRPMS from another
> who is doing all the work... [IE this is not UnitedLinux.]

big f deal.
If people want to get fedora legacy for their machines then they can do that.
If they want to pay money for progeny updates, who does that hurt?
No one.
I am forced by my SLA agreement to have some sort of vendor contract on my
critical systems, so yeah. I'll continue to work/complain/improve about
things on the fedora legacy project.
And you know what?
I'm getting a service update contract for my 2 critical machines from
progeny, as long as they don't force me to install a stupid gui.
On my other 140 boxes I'll use fedora legacy...whatever is easiest....I
can keep using apt-get on those machines.
GPL goes both ways! It's not called stealing it's calling sharing.
The (enemy?) of linux is certainly not other distributions of linux.

I don't see anthing wrong with sharing...it's not called stealing...it's
called the open source development model.

--Luke