Novell/progeny to take up redhat legacy services

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Mon Dec 8 20:58:42 UTC 2003

> > If someone lower on the chain breaks a rule/law/precept higher on the
> > chain, the group lower on the chain loses. Or as a lawyer I know put
> > it, "Herein fail at your peril".
>
> If you steal RedHat work which is covered under the SLA then you could
> be fined.  RedHat makes it very clear what you have to pay for and what
> you don't.

Good Lord, are people really this *DENSE*? For the two zillionth time, *I
AM ONLY SPEAKING OF THE GPL'D PORTIONS*!

> RHEL is not a free product.  You are not free to copy it from computer
> to computer.

So remove the artwork and the non-gpl'd software and what's left over? A
fully functional system...

> It is the packaged artwork and possibly some of the configuration
> utilities that make it non-free.  Strip those out and you can do as you
> like.

So, like, yeah... Thanks for making that point...

-Chuck

--
Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Open Technology
   * Education			| -=^ Ad Astra Per Aspera ^=-
   * Support			| chuckw at quantumlinux.com

 "M stands for magic, mystery or matrix; according to taste."
				--Edward Witten