7.x update service

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Tue Dec 16 05:34:01 UTC 2003

> I don't see anthing wrong with sharing...it's not called stealing...it's
> called the open source development model.

There's a stigma attached to all software in the minds of the general
public thanks to the efforts of certain proprietary software companies.
There are documented cases of people outright refusing donations of GPL'd
software because of this. This is why I made such a big stink earlier
about people paying for (the GPL'd portions of) RHEL software when they
didn't have to.

What I found pretty funny was, even on this list, people's knee-jerk
reaction was to assume I was some leech looking for a free ride. That
couldn't be further from the truth...

-Chuck

--
Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Open Technology
   * Education			| -=^ Ad Astra Per Aspera ^=-
   * Support			| chuckw at quantumlinux.com

"You know what you get after putting 30 years into a company? You're
 looking at it." -Downsized CIO of a major insurance carrier.