[Fedora-legacy-list] rpm 4.2, apt 0.5.5cnc6, yum 2.0.4 for all RH platforms >= 7.3

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Nov 2 20:00:28 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 00:45, Axel Thimm wrote:
> You can test the above for RH7.3, RH8.0, RH9 and FC1 from
>
> http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/name/rpm/
> http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/name/apt/
> http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/name/yum/
> http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/name/atrpms/
>
> (rpm 4.2 provided only for RH <= 9, as FC1 carries 4.2.1)
>
> Some dependencies may arise to other packages available on atrpms
> (elfutils comes to mind), depending on the distribution.
>
> Don't use production machines, and be aware of the everlasting rpm
> lock bug [1].

Specifically what versions of RH have you seen the everlasting lock
bug?  What procedure would cause it?  I ran into this too many months
ago, but recently haven't been able to reproduce it.  jbj still insists
to this day that we're all crazy and this bug didn't exist.

Ok, he didn't really say that, but that's similar to what he would say.
=)

warren