[Fedora-legacy-list] System

Xose Vazquez Perez xose at wanadoo.es
Tue Nov 4 23:03:06 UTC 2003

Ingo T. Storm wrote:

> openssh, apache). So it's no use assigning maintainers to the 800+ SRPMS
> RH7.3 is built of. I'd rather have pairs or triples of people with certain
> dutys and/or skills so that vacations or job burdens don't let a high
> profile exploit be unnoticed by the project for too long. Two/three people
> should be on vendor-sec. In addition two/three people should monitor mailing
> lists of each "functionality group" like e.g. "apache/php/mysql/postgresql",
> "openssl/openssh", "core utilities", "kernel/netfilter".  If and ONLY if you
> have too many volunteers, add mozilla, evolution, xfree86, gnome, kde... The
> potential backporters need not be identical with the monitors. I'd rather

Well, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1 is a mix of RHL 7.x, 7.2 as base + some
updates from 7.3 _except the kernel_. So we can get lot of feedback and work done
from Red Hat erratas announcements[1][2] and erratas updates[2].

[1] http://redhat.com/apps/support/errata/
[3] http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/updates/enterprise/

--
HTML mails are going to trash automagically